If you suffer from any anxiety disorders, you can enhance your treatment plan to help provide the best results possible.
These holistic tips will NOT replace your treatment, but they can improve your results with your treatment.
Holistic tips for anxiety
Here are some holistic tips to help enhance your anxiety treatment.
- Nutrition. Eating a healthy diet full of fresh fruits, vegetables, and good fat found in fish and nuts can improve your mental and physical health. These whole foods offer better nutrition; they are lower in sugars and bad carbs. Not only will they help enhance your anxiety treatment they can help reduce your blood glucose levels. Stay away from sugar and refined carbs in processed foods. Also, reduce caffeine and alcohol intake; you should not use alcohol with medications. Caffeine can keep you up at night, and it also increases stress and anxiety.
- Exercise. Exercise helps you in several ways. It enables you to sleep better, reduces stress, reduces blood pressure, reduces anxiety, and improves your mental mood. It also helps reduce body fat which helps protect your heart and other organs. Keeping your body fit can also improve your self-confidence.
- Sleep. The body needs good rest. Get into a sleep routine where you go to bed at the same time each night and wake the same time each morning. Getting 7 to 8 hours of sleep will allow your body to repair itself, improve your mental mood, reduce stress and anxiety, and help your mental focus.
- Mindful meditation. Meditation is a great way to reduce anxiety. There are different forms of mindful meditation, but all can help you focus better, improve your immune system, and reduce anxiety, stress, and depression.
- mindful meditation click here.
When you eat healthily, exercise, get proper sleep, and practice meditation, your medication, and psychotherapy will work even better. You may find that your medication works better and may even be able to be reduced. But always check with your doctor first.
Again these tips are to be used in conjunction with your current therapy, not replace it.